Lilies  Highly toxic to cats. Kidney damage could result.

Marijuana  Depression of the central nervous system, incoordination, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, increased heart rate, seizures and coma.

Sago Palm  Vomiting, diarrhea, depression, seizures and liver failure.

Tulip/Narcissus Bulbs  Intense gastrointestinal irritation, drooling, loss of appetite, depression of the central nervous system, convulsions and cardiac abnormalities.

Azalea/Rhododendron  Vomiting, drooling, diarrhea, weakness and depression of the central nervous system. Severe azalea poisoning could ultimately lead to coma and death from cardiovascular collapse.

Oleander  Gastrointestinal tract irritation, abnormal heart function, hypothermia and even death.

Castor Bean   Severe abdominal pain, drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive thirst, weakness and loss of appetite.  Severe cases of poisoning can result in dehydration, muscle twitching, tremors, seizures, coma and death.

Cyclamen  Significant gastrointestinal irritation, including intense vomiting. Fatalities have also been reported in some cases.

Kalanchoe  Gastrointestinal irritation, and can seriously affect cardiac rhythm and rate.

Yew  Trembling, incoordination, difficulty breathing, significant gastrointestinal irritation and cardiac failure.

Amaryllis  Vomiting, depression, diarrhea, abdominal pain, hypersalivation, anorexia and tremors.

Autumn Crocus    Oral irritation, bloody vomiting, diarrhea, shock, multi-organ damage and bone marrow suppression.

Chrysanthemum  Gastrointestinal upset, drooling, vomiting, diarrhea and loss of coordination.

English Ivy  Vomiting, abdominal pain, hypersalivation and diarrhea.

Peace Lily  Oral irritation, excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing, and burning of the mouth, lips and tongue.

Pothos  Significant mechanical irritation and swelling of the oral tissues and other parts of the gastrointestinal tract.

Schefflera  Oral irritation, excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and irritation of the mouth and tongue.

If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, contact your veterinarian, or call the Animal Poison Control (888) 426-4435 • 7/24/365

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>